Creating a clone of a WordPress site using UpdraftPlus
- If there is an existing clone, delete the existing clone: files and database.
Set the PHP version to 5.5 - was this an error? Yes, it was! Put it to 5.3
- Install WordPress.
- Install the UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration plugin.
- Do a full back up the existing system to get the five .ZIP files (database, plugins, themes, others and uploads).
- Go to the new site.
- Upload the five .ZIP files
- Restore the backups
The web site will now be broken as the links will be pointing at the old site.
- https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/ v3 ← did not work
- https://github.com/daelan/WordPress-Migration-Script ← did not work
- https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/ v2 ← did work
Change the chmod for searchreplacedb2.php from 664 to 644 to prevent the error:
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
- I was moving conscienceonline.org.uk to 11112018.org.uk/conscience so I entered
as the parameters and it made 53,293 changes. Without the trailing '/' it made 53,412 changes but that will have included email addresses too. Not allowing GUID fields to be changed (whatever that means) takes it down to 50,058.
That can't be all that is required because going to http://www.11112018.org.uk/conscience/ results in a page not found "This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?" and links pointing to the likes of http://www.conscienceonline.org.uk/2015/10/last-day-at-conference/
seems to have fixed it.